[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: How does a @EJB dependency injection work on a Stateless Bean? Will that injected class behave like an instance variable in that stateless session bean?

Adheep M do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 22 05:21:05 EDT 2012

Adheep M [https://community.jboss.org/people/adheep] created the discussion

"Re: How does a @EJB dependency injection work on a Stateless Bean? Will that injected class behave like an instance variable in that stateless session bean?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/743609#743609

@ https://community.jboss.org/people/viggo.navarsete Viggo Navarsete: Thanks for your reply.

 But this brings me an another question, Supose if a method in "PrimaryStatelessBean" is annotated with REST will it work the same way, because we will not create a new instance for the PrimaryStatelessBean if it is invoked as a RESTful webservice.
@Stateless
public class PrimaryStatelessBean {

     @EJB
     SecodaryStatelessBean secondaryStatelessBean;

     @EJB
     SimpleSingletonBean simpleSingletonBean;

          @POST
          @Path("/requestService")
          @Consumes("*/*")
          @Produces("*/*")
     public String processRequest ( ) {

          secondaryStatelessBean.getValue();   //(After making a first request) When I make another request will i get the same value "Testing Value" here

          simpleSingletonBean.getAnotherValue();

          secondaryStatelessBean.setValue("Testing Value");   // set values for secondaryStatelessBean in the first request

     }

}

On the first request to my to "processRequest" service using REST, if i change the value of a member variable in SecondaryStatelessBean by

secondaryStatelessBean.setValue("Testing Value");   // set values for secondaryStatelessBean in the first request

and on the next request, will i get the value "Testing Value" here ?

secondaryStatelessBean.getValue();   //(After making a first request) When I make another request will i get the same value "Testing Value" here

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]