[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: How does a @EJB dependency injection work on a Stateless Bean? Will that injected class behave like an instance variable in that stateless session bean?

Adheep M do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 22 08:17:44 EDT 2012

Adheep M [https://community.jboss.org/people/adheep] created the discussion

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/743664#743664

> Viggo Navarsete wrote:
>
> No, the "Testing Value" will not be there on the second request! But, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to actually test it, or? But I would assume that if you set a value on the simpleSingletonBean on the first request, then it would still be there on the second request!
I did try an example and below are the codes

package com.sample.rest.service;

import javax.ejb.EJB;
import javax.ejb.Stateless;
import javax.ws.rs.GET;
import javax.ws.rs.Path;
import javax.ws.rs.Produces;
import javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType;
import com.test.ejb.PrimaryStatelessBean;
import com.test.ejb.SampleSingletonBean;

@Stateless
@Path("/services")
public class PrimaryStatelessBean{

     @EJB
    PrimaryStatelessBean primaryStatelessBean;

    @EJB
    SampleSingletonBean sampleSingletonBean;

    @GET
    @Path("/getValue")
    @Produces("text/xml")
    public String getValue(){

        //To get initial value
        System.out.println("Before Setting Value::" + primaryStatelessBean.getMessage());

        //set value for the Bean
        primaryStatelessBean.setMessage("Hi Buddy Cool!!");

        //After setting value
        System.out.println("After Setting Value::" + primaryStatelessBean.getMessage());

        return "<MESSAGE>"+primaryStatelessBean.getMessage()+"</MESSAGE><REQUEST_COUNT>"+ sampleSingletonBean.getCount()  +"</REQUEST_COUNT>";

    }

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]