[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - Re: Suspicious multicast flood by one of the App servers

Dani Petrov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 22 09:16:16 EDT 2012

Dani Petrov [https://community.jboss.org/people/dpetrov] created the discussion

"Re: Suspicious multicast flood by one of the App servers"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/743683#743683

I will try to gather this information from my colleagues, who are dealing with JBoss itself.

However, I just realized that the other application servers also generates from time to time such burst floods, again resulting in crash .. I am really wondering, what could cause this huge amount of traffic flood to be send with 130mbps .. Have you Bela, ever tried to observe this traffic passed to the muticast group? I can't actually understand what type of traffic should be distributed via multicast, when and why? I thought that this mcast group is used only as heartbeat, not to share any data with the rest of servers.. but it looks like I am wront..

BR,
Dani

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]