[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound

madhuripotdar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 02:34:28 EDT 2012

madhuripotdar [https://community.jboss.org/people/madhuripotdar] created the discussion

"Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/744442#744442

Hi Peter

I have made all the necessary configurations to lookup a DB2 datasource on JBboss from a portlet. I am able to lookup that datasource from one portlet successfully.
However using same configurtions from another portlet, the lookup fails and gives following error -
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound

As it is able to looup the datasource from first portlet, it makes me think that the datasource is configured correctly on server. It is something very obvious missing in other portlet which I am not able to find.I have verified that all the configurations (Entries in jboss-web.xml, web.xml) in other portlet are correct.

Any idea what could be going wrong?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]