[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Change Client SSL Certificate Without Restarting JVM?

mchenderson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 29 07:52:57 EDT 2012

mchenderson [https://community.jboss.org/people/mchenderson] created the discussion

"Change Client SSL Certificate Without Restarting JVM?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/745015#745015

My client needs to connect to a JBoss server using different credentials at different times. I have a customised SSLSocketBuilder that successfully loads different keystores at the appropriate times. When changing client SSL certificate, I am successfully closing down all current SSL connections. Nevertheless, on making new SSL connections and listening for the handshake complete event, it is clear that the local SSL certificate used for the handshake is not changing.

Is there some about the implementation of SSL sockets in JBoss preventing the change in local SSL certificate from taking place?

If so, is there a way to force the change?

I am using JBoss 4.2.3.

Thanks in advance,

Michelle.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]