[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jbpm 3 and getVariable : application slowness

vchmakov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 29 15:34:28 EDT 2012

vchmakov [https://community.jboss.org/people/vchmakov] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm 3 and getVariable : application slowness"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/745128#745128

Hi,

Well, first of all you are asking jBPM 3 question. As to my knowledge jBPM 3 has been transformed into Activiti and moved out. jBPM 5 is a completely new product and is rooting from the Drools.  I can be wrong on this, so forgive me if I am.
Secondly, your question mostly relates to how Hibernate works/performs. Our company currently working with jBPM 5.2 and we had problems with some SQLs containing in orm.xml files coming with jBPM. The SQL’s are less then optimal and Firebird DB is dying executing them. But it is not jBPM but Hibernate (and perhaps Firebird). Our approach was to not using “bad” SQLs but write our own optimized SQLs and execute them via Hibernate’s Native Query mechanisms.
As to jBPM 5 performance - we do not have any complains so far.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vladimir