[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Exception retrieving task

jnorris do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 29 16:41:33 EDT 2012

jnorris [https://community.jboss.org/people/jnorris] created the discussion

"Re: Exception retrieving task"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/745161#745161

Hi All,

I still haven't been able to resolve the issue with exceptions on the task methods and really need some help.  When a start a process instance the I18NText row for the task name is not created.  I manually created the missing row and still get the exception shown in the first post.  The client code just before starting a process is slightly changed now:

AsyncGenericHTWorkItemHandler wsHumanTaskHandler = new AsyncGenericHTWorkItemHandler ( ksession );
String name = "ksclient-" + UUID.randomUUID();
TaskClient client = new TaskClient( new MinaTaskClientConnector( name,
                    new MinaTaskClientHandler( SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener())));
wsHumanTaskHandler.setIpAddress( "127.0.0.1" );
wsHumanTaskHandler.setPort( 9123 );
wsHumanTaskHandler.setClient( client );
ksession.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler( "Human Task", wsHumanTaskHandler );

For the tasks method I have:
TaskClient taskClient = new TaskClient(
    new MinaTaskClientConnector( name, new MinaTaskClientHandler( SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener())));
taskClient.connect( "127.0.0.1", 9123 );
BlockingGetTaskResponseHandler responseHandler = new BlockingGetTaskResponseHandler();
client.getTask( taskId, responseHandler );
responseHandler.waitTillDone( 1000 );
return responseHandler.getTask();

Does anyone see anything wrong with the above code?

BTW, I took each hibernate query from the log and ran them with the parameters set to what they should be and each executed as expected.  If I knew how I would change the logging output to see if I could see what the parameters values actually are.

Thanks,
Jim