[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Process persistense - change WHEN it should happen!

nt2005 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 30 07:02:34 EDT 2012

nt2005 [https://community.jboss.org/people/nt2005] created the discussion

"Re: Process persistense - change WHEN it should happen!"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/745208#745208

Hey again,

I want to manage persistence by my own. I am sure that I want this...  ;)

I know how to persistence a StatefulKnowledgeSession and a ProcessInstance with marshaller. BUT after reloading a session and process I would like to go one with the process. But I have no idea how to combine a session und process again.

Example:
StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = getKnowledgeBase().newStatefulKnowledgeSession();
registerWorkItems(ksession);     // add Workitems to the session

ProcessInstance process = ksession.startProcess( "de.tud.iwm.catena.analysis.new" );

storeSession(ksession);     // using marshaller
storeProcess(process);     // using marshaller

// do anything else...

// and anywhen, anywhere - reload all

StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = loadSession();
ProcessInstance process = loadProcess();

/*

And now I cannot use:
ksession.getWorkItemManager().completeWorkItem(....)     Because the reloaded session does not know anything of the process

ksession.getProcessInstance(...)  does not work - understandable

I was looking for somehting like:
ksession.addProcess(process)

*/

Thanks in advance. If it makes no sense to you what I really want and do, say it please. But it is hard for me to tell you it in english. O.o German would be a bit easier.  ;)