[jboss-user] [jBPM] - scaling jBPM 5 processes and scope of globals

Lillian Andres do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 5 17:39:02 EST 2012

Lillian Andres [https://community.jboss.org/people/Adrigan] created the discussion

"scaling jBPM 5 processes and scope of globals"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/721673#721673

Hello experts!

     I have two questions that as you will see really relate to each other.
1. When we define a "global" in our process definition - is that *global* object available to +all the process instances (of that same process) created in the same *ksession*+?  What is the scope of the global?  Is it for the ksession only, is it for the process instance only?
2. We intend on scaling the same process that amy run for up to 2000 users simultaneously.  What is the best method to scale the jbpm?  We plan to distribute over multiple servers.  Should we use a framework like Java EE 6 to provide us with failover?

Thank you in advance for your inputs.