[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - JBoss/JVM process RAM usage increasing steadily

Nam nam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 7 07:33:34 EST 2012

Nam nam [https://community.jboss.org/people/nambs] created the discussion

"JBoss/JVM process RAM usage increasing steadily"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/722097#722097

On checking RAM usage for our JBoss/Java process using 'ps aux' command, RSS value= 12161968KB, and it is increasing steadily.
We have set the Max heap size to 2GB while starting the process. We are checking heap size using 'jvisualvm' and it is below 2GB.
(-Xss1m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=2 -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m).
Environment:
OS: Red Hat Linux
JVM: 1.6.0_30
App Server: jboss-5.1.0.GA

Need help on trouble shooting this issue.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]