[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Remote Server Configuration does not match JBoss 7 directory layout

djabba74 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 18:13:12 EST 2012

djabba74 [https://community.jboss.org/people/djabba74] created the discussion

"Re: Remote Server Configuration does not match JBoss 7 directory layout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/722946#722946

slightly confused, which one is the relevant. org.jboss.tools seems right, but JBossASTools seems related as well: "Provides WTP server adapters for JBoss installations"
|   JBoss Tools Java Standard Tools | 3.3.0.v20111208-2115-H35-M5 | org.jboss.tools.jst.feature.feature.group | null |
|   JBossAS Tools | 2.3.0.v20111213-1423-H61-M5 | org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.feature.feature.group | JBoss by Red Hat |

Quite not so obvious as well: I need a local JBoss installation that mirrors the remote installation because for the JBoss runtime Environment in Eclipse I have to locally choose the appropriate Configuration File, with which the remote server will be started (well, the file name itself is the important thing, isn't it?). Is my understanding correct?

*Problem 5*: When I browse and select the file standalone-full.xml with the dialog, the Configuration File of the JBoss Server Runtime Environment shows an absolute path: "C:\Users\djabba\Documents\devel\appserver\jboss-as-7.1.0.Final\standalone\configuration\standalone-full.xml". If I try to use that RE with a local server I get an exception:
00:05:53,542 INFO   org.jboss.modules org.jboss.modules JBoss Modules version 1.1.1.GA
java.lang.IllegalStateException: JBAS014805: Could not get main file: C:\Users\lbreuss\Documents\devel\appserver\jboss-as-7.1.0.Final\standalone\configuration\standalone-full.xml. Specified files must be relative to the configuration dir: C:\Users\lbreuss\Documents\devel\appserver\jboss-as-7.1.0.Final\standalone\configuration
    at org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.ConfigurationFile.determineMainFile(ConfigurationFile.java:148)

workaround: Strip the path, only the file name remains: "standalone-full.xml"

*Problem 6*: I am not able to start the remote server. The Server Runtime in Eclipse is able to detect if on the remote server a JBoss on port 9999 (management) is already running. It is able to connect and stop it. But starting does not work. It displays "Starting" for a few seconds, then "Started, Synchronized". If I'm having a look on the server, there is no jboss process or running server.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]