[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Starting process instance using the jBPM REST API and setting parameters

Márton Steierlein do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 11:01:16 EDT 2012

Márton Steierlein [https://community.jboss.org/people/stmarci] created the discussion

"Starting process instance using the jBPM REST API and setting parameters"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/723219#723219

Greetings!

I would like to start a new process instance using jBPM REST interface. I have managed to figure out that the following URL needs to be called in order to start a new process instance:

 http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definition/ http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definition/<processId>/new_instance/ (POST)

The problem is that this process has 3 variables and has a form to it which is rendered when starting the process instance. What I need to accomplish is to use the above REST interface and set the parameters without this form using only the rest interface.

Is it possible to set the parameters this way? If yes, how?

Thank you for your time!

Márton