[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Interpreting GC verbose data for JBoss Server

Todd Beckwith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 16:51:21 EDT 2012

Todd Beckwith [https://community.jboss.org/people/todd.beckwith] created the discussion

"Re: Interpreting GC verbose data for JBoss Server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/723361#723361

Peter,

The Java version is 1.6.0.02.

DisableExplicitGC did help with no reported problems from the users. It took about 2 hours for the first full GC and they are now occuring about every 45 minutes. This change alone has resulted in a significant reduction in the number of full collections and time spent in data collection. Based on some of my previous reading, I suspect there may still be room to increase the young generation and further reduce the number of full collections. I'll take a look at the membership requirements for the link you provided and see if the info there can help me out.

Thanks Peter.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]