[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Running embedded MySql in JBoss 7

otieno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 16 00:51:30 EDT 2012

otieno [https://community.jboss.org/people/otieno] created the discussion

"Running embedded MySql in JBoss 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724206#724206

Hello,

I am abit new to JBoss 7 and I am seeking information/hints/tips/ that can point me to the best approach to run embedded thrird party applications such as MySql or OpenDS. A pointer/sample code specific to MySql or OpenDS is highly welcomed, but I would appreciate more about tips on how best to incorporate embedded applications that needs to start automatically before my apps deployed in Jboss 7 kicks-in. I have seen some metion of MBean with older versions of JBoss, though I dont know how to go about it in JBoss 7. I have also considered subsystems as a way of going about it. My thought is that there has too be a recommended way of embedding thrird party applications and someoen in this forum will be of most use to me and the rest. Anyone with hints?

Much thanks!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]