[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: WorkerThread exception occured .... InvocationTargetException / SocketTimeoutException

red Car do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 19 16:13:46 EDT 2012

red Car [https://community.jboss.org/people/redCar] created the discussion

"Re: WorkerThread exception occured .... InvocationTargetException / SocketTimeoutException"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724828#724828

Hallo Ron,

you are right, the new port for workerthread is created by ServerSocket.accept(). That I meant with prefered.

My very little test program can call for example the SFSB-method 24 times. In the server log I can see such lines:
2012-03-15 13:16:52,340 INFO  [STDOUT] (WorkerThread#0[192.168.7.3:2435]) -------> (86)ApplMeldMonitorBean.getCrossReferences ...
2012-03-15 13:16:53,340 INFO  [STDOUT] (WorkerThread#0[192.168.7.3:2436]) -------> (87)ApplMeldMonitorBean.getCrossReferences ...

After some calls I can get this:
WorkerThread#1[192.168.7.3:*2437*] exception occurred during first invocation java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

For example with netstat I can see, that *2437* is a used port. I am wondering that I could recognize that this port is used by my testprogram istself.
But at this time the program will be blocked for some time. For test I have activated another network card, because I hoped, that with special IP an only one jboss-app on this IP,
there should be no port problem anymore. But there is exactly the same problem.

So, in the example the port *2437* blocks, and it is used by the pid itself. I don't understand this at the moment.
You wrote first, that it could be, that there can not be sent this header-information during the socket-port-creation.
Such thing should be impossible, it's crazy. The server and client are running on the same machine, no firewall or anything between.
Although the program is running further after the socket timeout exception. I can call the method again until the next exception.
And anyway, this problem I have not on my development machine, and not on some test machines, but on three customer machines.

Werner

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]