[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Best Practice for Hot Deploy in JBoss AS 7 for JSF 2 + CDI + EJB 3.1 + JPA + Maven Project

xsa lefter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 00:50:27 EDT 2012

xsa lefter [https://community.jboss.org/people/xsalefter] created the discussion

"Best Practice for Hot Deploy in JBoss AS 7 for JSF 2 + CDI + EJB 3.1 + JPA + Maven Project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724907#724907

Hi all..
I'm using JBoss Tools Beta in Indigo Service Release 2 as displaying in attachment below:
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-724907-18227/eclipse-plugins.PNG  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-724907-18227/412-327/eclipse-plugins.PNG
I have been searching about this but only found thread that explain hot-deployment on as 6  https://community.jboss.org/thread/162518 here. It's doesn't work because maybe i'm using JBoss AS 7.1.1.

My pom.xml is described  https://gist.github.com/2131398 here. However I had to try jboss-as-maven-plugin but not very happy with it because I still need to call jboss-as:redeploy (or whatever maven commands to ask jboss redeploying). I'm looking for "save and refresh browser" as someone also  https://community.jboss.org/message/587162#587162 got this worked in as 6. Is this possible? or at least only for JSF files? Any idea?

Thanks,
xsalefter

PS: I also try to use " right click project" -> "run as" -> "run on server" -> "<add to jboss as 7>" but still doesn't enabling hot deployment.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]