[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Resume a process. Same ksession ?

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 22 02:44:46 EDT 2012

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Resume a process. Same ksession ?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/725479#725479

> lakshmi sampath wrote:
>
>      Do i need to use the same ksession which initially started the process when I call ksession.getWorkItemManager().completeWorkItem(..) to resume
>      or can I create a new ksession and resume a previously suspended process. If I can use new ksession what happens to the old ksesion which is persisted in db.
It depends, if your process is not bound to session state (timers, business rules, etc) you can use another session to resume it. In general, I would recommend to use the same session if that does not introduce too many problems as when session is stored in db it remains there. So if you keep creating new sessions you will run into situation where your session table will become quite big and most likely you will need to have some cleanup routines to maintain it.

HTH