[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Difficult workflow question

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 29 08:52:05 EDT 2012

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Difficult workflow question"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/727194#727194

I believe you got my idea  quite good. Please find attached process diagram that I had in mind, note that I did not have time to make it runnable so number of things can go wrong, so to say.
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-727194-18289/process-diagram.png  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-727194-18289/450-216/process-diagram.png

In general, you have a sub process with mutliple instance chanracteristics so you can decide on runtime how many groups you will have, currently two and they are driven by some variables. This is just addition to have it ready for adding more teams without modifying the process.

Back to the main topic - yes you need to have a decision point after task is completed to decide if other intances (of a task/subprocess) should be cancelled or not. So if task will complete with Yes, it with throw an error (for now as it is avilable in current engine version and later on, can be changed to signal instead) that will be caught by all other active task/subprocess instances and cancel them and do what ever else is required.

Regarding data, isn\t that true that sub process on completion will map its variables to its parent variables?

I hope that it makes sense to you  :)

Cheers