[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - How to add Java system properties to JBoss startup script?

Shoe Fiend do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 1 10:51:46 EDT 2012

Shoe Fiend [https://community.jboss.org/people/shoefiend] created the discussion

"How to add Java system properties to JBoss startup script?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/733169#733169

Hi,

I am using JBoss 4.2.0 on AIX 6.1.

My startup script is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
USER_MEM_ARGS="-Xms256m -Xmx256m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xss256k
-XX:+DisableExplicitGC"
export USER_MEM_ARGS
/u01/documentum/shared/jboss4.2.0/bin/run.sh -c DctmServer_MethodServer -b 0.0.0
.0 $JAVA_OPTIONS

As part of implementing Kerberos authentication I need to add the following system properties to my JBoss start up script.

-Djava.security.krb5.conf=/disk01/kerb/krb5.conf
-Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=false

How do I add these 2 system properties to the startup script?

Thanks!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]