[jboss-user] Interference between JAX-RS providers across WARs in JBoss6?

Jan Algermissen jan.algermissen at nordsc.com
Mon May 7 08:45:50 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have two WARs deployed in a JBoss 6.

The wars both include a JAR that contains some code common to both applications. (Each WAR has its own copy of the JAR)

The applications access the classes in the JARs using CDI and EJB injection.

The JARs do not contain JAX-RS providers.

When I deploy the two applications alongside each other I get some weird interference between JAX-RS provider classes in the applications. In one application, the JAX-RS runtime does not find any of my providers in the other it iterates over the providers of both applications when it tries to find an appropriate provider.

Is this to be expected behavior due to class loader configuration issues?

Is there something I might be doing wrong?

Do I have to configure JBoss 6 in a special way to ensure isolation between WARs?

Note: it might be that at times I have had different versions in the JAR of the 'shared' classes. Could that have caused JBoss to screw the JAX_RS runtime up?

Jan