[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Does jboss store Datasource info in any form of cache

Nimish Kumar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 12:18:40 EDT 2012

Nimish Kumar [https://community.jboss.org/people/nimishkmr] created the discussion

"Does jboss store Datasource info in any form of cache"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/736272#736272

HI,
We have cloned our machine using vmware's vsphere tool. Machine details -
OS - linux RHEL 5.4
64 GB RAM.
Jboss EWP 5.1 installed.

Now, after cloning we are not able to connect to new DB. The entry for new DB in present in xxx-ds.xml. Actually, it is connecting to 2 DB - 1 which was pointed by old machine and 2nd the new DB. I am not able to understand, how this is happening. Does jboss store any cace for datasource, so I doubt while cloning this cache will also be present in new machine and so it will be pointing to both DBs( 1 by referring to cache and another by referring to ds.xml of cloned m/c). Appreaciate your help in this urgently.

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]