[jboss-user] Large rich:tree slows website to a crawl

Alex Vb i8c.alex at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:52:49 EDT 2012

I have a (semi-) large static rich:tree where i need to check which item
you select and re-render another panelGroup accordingly. However the site
takes 1-2 seconds to render the page and it turns out the code walks
through the tree at least 4 times in a single request. More information can
be found here: https://community.jboss.org/thread/200002

Anyway, the reason I post this to the mailing list is because I am
wondering whether or not I should report this as a bug? I have a "fix"
which is likely not optimal but works in my usecase, it entails updating
the TreeRange.shouldIterateChildren() method. Now the tree is only
refreshed if i explicitly request it (e.g. when something is added) and
does not slow down the entire webpage when you select something.

Disclaimer: I am new to richfaces and JSF in general so I may be way off,
hence I'm not sure whether it's a bug or I missed a setting or...