[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss Tools and Developer Studio Beta 3 - Use the Source!

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 22 11:59:12 EDT 2012

henk de boer [https://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] commented on

"JBoss Tools and Developer Studio Beta 3 - Use the Source!"

To view all comments on this blog post, visit: https://community.jboss.org/community/tools/blog/2012/05/21/jboss-tools-and-developer-studio-beta-3#comment-9926

Really great to see the source lookup feature finally be present. I've been nagging you guys for as long as I can remember about this  ;)  Great work!

There's unfortunately a small problem, and I really hate to nag again, but in JBoss AS 7 there barely is any source to speak of. So you have an absolute winner, first class feature, but with JBoss AS 7 (your primary AS), the usefulness of this feature is strongly reduced.

It would absolutely be great if this could be addressed. Not having the classes, let alone the source, available for discovery (e.g. Ctrl-shift-t, but also ctrl-click -> open implementation) is such a huge handicap that I start to avoid working on AS 7 now. This is of course a shame, since otherwise it's much better than AS 6.