[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Can't create a Java EE project - archetype not found

Glenn Silverman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 24 19:59:58 EDT 2012

Glenn Silverman [https://community.jboss.org/people/glsilver] created the discussion

"Re: Can't create a Java EE project - archetype not found"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/737800#737800

I've done everything I can think of, including deleting my local repo. Nothing seems to work. I still get the same error. I even tried to create the project directly from New->Maven->Maven Project, in which I added the archetype for Beta1. The Beta1-JBT version just doesn't seem to be available. But that still doesn't work. Rather than get an error message, my Eclipse crashes with either 44% or 98% completion. I'm using a clean Eclipse Indigo download, eclipse-jee-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip and installed the Jboss Tools directly from the Eclipse marketplace. That's all. Nothing special. I just can;t create either the Java EE Web Project or the Java EE Project. Somethings broken and I don't think it's local to my system.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]