[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Problem with Rest Interface in JBPM 5.2

Sachin Chandra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 26 23:07:40 EDT 2012

Sachin Chandra [https://community.jboss.org/people/chandrasachin16] created the discussion

"Problem with Rest Interface in JBPM 5.2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738140#738140

Hi All,

I am using JBPM 5.2 .I studied the online documentation and tried to use the REST interface for interacting with Processes in the JBPM engine
I tried with the following url :

 http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definition/ http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definition/{id}/new_instance

In place of {id} I gave the id of my JBPM process which is (com.sample.evaluation).So the complete url was something like this which is given below

 http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definition/ http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definition/{com.sample.evaluation}/new_instance.But after putting this url and hitting enter

a login window appeared as "BPM" console.I entered user and password as (krisv/krisv) but after this a blank screen appeared.

I then logged in into the jbpm console to see if the process was started or not ,but I couldn't see any process instance started.

My first question is about the login window.
1.Which users should interact with BPM console and what is the purpose of BPM console
2.Why did the blank screen appeared.Is it that I am going the wrong way.

Can any one please tell me that whether the REST interface works fine in JBPM 5.2 or not

Any help would be valuable to me.