[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Simple step by step for JBPM 5 web application

Rajan Vij do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 03:44:48 EDT 2012

Rajan Vij [https://community.jboss.org/people/rajvij] created the discussion

"Simple step by step for JBPM 5 web application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738944#738944

Hi All,

I am new to jBPM and trying to create a web service which would initiate a said process. Starting with examples provided under jBPM installer was quite easy, but running it as web application has been a nightmare for me.

Can someone please provide step by step document, which tells how I can create a webservice and start the process which has human tasks also.

I am currently getting this error:

1 May, 2012 1:04:35 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet Jersey Web Application threw exception
javax.persistence.PersistenceException*: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named org.jbpm.task*
          at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:56)
          at org.jbpm.test.JBPMHelper.startTaskService(JBPMHelper.java:92)
          at name.brucephillips.hellows.resources.HelloResource.startUp(HelloResource.java:125)

Thanks.