[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM 5 DOESN'T WORK

Thong Huynh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 11:45:00 EST 2012

Thong Huynh [https://community.jboss.org/people/thonghuynh] created the discussion

"JBPM 5 DOESN'T WORK"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/776225#776225

Hi people,
Maybe the title is a little bit subjective but me and my team is getting very frustrated at jBPM 5.

Our problem: user task does not show up after the preceding user task is finished.

What we did:
 - We downloaded the jbpm-5.3.0.Final installer from Jboss community download site ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%205/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbpm/files/jBPM%205/)
 - We unzipped the file and followed the instruction from jbpm 5 user guide ( http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.3/userguide/ch.installer.html#d0e389 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.3/userguide/ch.installer.html#d0e389) to install its components: jboss AS, Eclipse, Drools-Guvnor, JBPM Console, JBPM Eclipse Plugin, Drools Eclipse Plugin
  - We used the component Drools-Guvnor to start modelling a basic process. The steps are as follows:
          + Went to Guvnor with url:  http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor
          + Created a new package in knowledge base
          + Created a new BPMN2 process in the package
          + Modelled a simple process with: Start Event -> User Task 1 -> User Task 2 -> End Event
          + Entered taskname for 2 user tasks and specified actorId as 'krisv' for both of them
          + Generated forms using autogenerated form feature built in (3 forms are generated: 1 processtask form, usertask1 form, usertask2 form)
          + Saved it and built it
 - We went to JBPM Console ( http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console) to start reviewing the process.
          + Started the process, the 1st form (processtask form) appears, click submit
           + Went to Tasks to view the 1st task assigned to krisv (as specified)
          + The task showed up, viewed usertask1 form and confirmed it is as expected
           + Refreshed the task list and expected to see the next one shows up
           + NOTHING SHOWS UP

 We can also reproduce this problem with the Evaluation sample comes along with the installer. Has anyone encountered this problem and knows exactly what causes it? Any answer would be hightly appreciated.

Cheers