[jboss-user] [JBoss AS Documentation] - Re: How can I resolve "General web Service security error"?

Fernando Lozano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 11:00:33 EST 2012

Fernando Lozano [https://community.jboss.org/people/fsl] created the discussion

"Re: How can I resolve "General web Service security error"?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/776506#776506

Alessio,

I have the same problem and use the same code on my client:

Map<String, Object> ctx = ((BindingProvider) port).getRequestContext();
                              ctx.put("ws-security.username", userName);
                              ctx.put("ws-security.password", password)

Which by the way is the code provided as example from JBoss and CXF documentation you provided. They state that setting those properties should be enough for a client to send WS-Security UsernameToken headers. But they don't. And I can't find on the docs what else to do.

On google I find lots of posts telling to develop and install my own SOAP handler, but I expected CXF or JBoss AS should have those ready for use, it should be a simple matter of configuring System Properties somwhere.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AS Documentation at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2079]