[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - MQ Howto?

Thinus Pollard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 19 04:31:46 EST 2012

Thinus Pollard [https://community.jboss.org/people/thinusp] created the discussion

"MQ Howto?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/777123#777123

Hi All

Pretty new to the whole JBoss thing.

I am looking for a Howto or something on getting MQ and Message Driven Beans to play nice. I've installed MQ (7.1.0-2) and latest nightly build of JBoss 7.2. (there is a bug in 7.1.1 where MDB's where not activated when a message is placed on a Queue).

I've deployed the resource adapter and it seems to deploy sucessfully. My MDB has an activation config via annotations. Upon deployment of the EAR project I get a RemoteFAP<init> NoSuchMethodException referring to the constructor for the RemoteFAP class. I have inspected the jar file (JMQI MQ jar file) and the constructor is definitly there.

So my initial questions are:
* Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere that shows how to get MQ working with JBoss for the above mentioned versions?
* Failing that, which MQ jars should be included in my EAR? (currently I have the com.ibm.mq, jmqi and jms jars included at this point in time).

Currently I have no idea where the issues may be hiding (is it MQ or the fact that I'm trying to use the nightly JBoss build). Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thinus

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]