[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Compile Time AOP in JBOSS

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 06:44:40 EST 2012

Kabir Khan [https://community.jboss.org/people/kabirkhan] created the discussion

"Re: Compile Time AOP in JBOSS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/777402#777402

It has been years since I or anybody last touched this, so apologies if what I say is a bit vague. As you mention, there are two steps involved in this:

1) When deploying the .aop file as part of a classloader scoped ear that information should get added to a scoped AspectManager handling aspects for that classloader domain.
2) When populating the Advisor use the scoped classloader to find the scoped AspectManager.

There were some slight changes in determining 1 in various app server versions but I don't think that is the problem here, rather as you say it is probably using the wrong classloader in 2). Originally we had this use the thread context classloader but later replaced it with an explicit AspectManager.instance(ClassLoader) method since TCL is not always deterministic.

If you have support use the customer support portal for more help. If not, which version of JBoss AS are you using? You might be able to get around this problem by either trying to force the thread context classloader when your AspectManager.instance() method is called, or by building one of the versions at  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/aop/tags/ http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/aop/tags/ and upgrading your AS instance.

Start a new discussion in JBoss AOP at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2027]