[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Mina/C3P0

Timothy Charman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 22 11:02:55 EST 2012

Timothy Charman [https://community.jboss.org/people/tcharman] created the discussion

"Mina/C3P0"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/777976#777976

We've been backing Mina with a C3P0 connection pool since 5.3.  Up to 5.4.0-CR1 this worked fine, on switching to 5.4.0-Final we see it throwing an AbstractMethodException when it calls:
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.setCharacterStream

It appears that c3p0 doesn't implement the signature varient that the jbpm-mina integration code is calling for via hibernate.

What was added between -CR1 and -Final, and does anyone have advice on how to put a connection pool back in?  E.g. alternatives to c3p0 that have been used in conjunction with Mina?