[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM 5.3 clustering in an enterprise

jsher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 06:50:19 EST 2012

jsher [https://community.jboss.org/people/jsher] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM 5.3 clustering in an enterprise"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/778317#778317

Hi,

I am also interested in using jBPM in clustered environment, but as far as I can tell jBPM does not provide a solution for clustering. For example which nodes would ksessions and process instances be active in ? How to load balance/route requests and events (eg. start task, complete task, async, etc) to appropriate ksessions/process instances ? Which ksessions would timers expire in ? How to deal with concurrent branches (eg. all branches of parallel gateway for a process instance must be active in same ksession vs. can have multiple branches of same process instance active in different cluster nodes, etc). How to make the solution highly-available ?

It would be good if experts could comment on this and provide a clear picture of how jBPM works in truly clustered and horizontally scaled environment.

And perhaps if there are upcoming enhancements to address challenges in this area it would be good to get some visibility on this.

Also, if there are some common approaches to addressing these challenges with current jBPM versions I would be extremely interested to hear of these.

See also  https://community.jboss.org/message/771731#771731 https://community.jboss.org/message/771731#771731