[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Not able to look up JNDI name using java:comp/env

Lalit Awasthi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 13:01:48 EST 2012

Lalit Awasthi [https://community.jboss.org/people/lalitawasthi007] created the discussion

"Not able to look up JNDI name using java:comp/env"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/778965#778965

Hello All

I am moving a code from RAD websphere to Jboss developer (JBOSS 5.1)

I am trying to look up JNDI name like Java:comp/env/jdbc/myDB but it simply binds it to "

Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=jdbc/myDB' to JNDI name 'java:jdbc/myDB'############

isstead of this I want this to work like

"
Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=jdbc/myDB' to JNDI name 'java:comp/env/jdbc/myDB'"

Please let me know if anyone can help me in this

jbossweb.xml
<

resource-ref id="ResourceRef_2"><

description></description><

res-ref-name>java:comp/env/jdbc/myDB</res-ref-name><

res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type><

jndi-name>java:/jdbc/myDB</jndi-name><

res-auth>Container</res-auth></

resource-ref>

Thanks

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]