[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Problems removing CDI support from project

Viacheslav Kabanovich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 11 13:26:24 EDT 2012

Viacheslav Kabanovich [https://community.jboss.org/people/scabanovich] created the discussion

"Re: Problems removing CDI support from project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/764430#764430

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it very much. It is true that performance of JBoss CDI tool on large projects is a critical factor. For now, we randomly generate large projects and look for narrow places (slow code, memory leaks) to improve. But performance on a random project and a real project may differ a lot. So, could you please provide us with a bit more performance figures for the latest devstudio.

1) Clean/build the project. Please watch the progress view as it displays task names (a) Compiling, (b) CDI Builder, (c) CDI Validator, (d) EL Validator and approximately mesure time spent on each.
For a random project with 3000 source files and 15M of code it takes on my computer:
(a) Compiling - 5 sec
(b) CDI Builder - 5 sec
(c) CDI Validator - 1 min
(d) EL Validator - 1 min

2) Incremental build -  modify and save a source file. Again, please watch the progress view.
For the mentioned random project:
(a) Compiling - 0 sec
(b) CDI Builder - 0 sec
(c) CDI Validator - 20 sec (generated injections and class hierarchy make almost any two classes dependent on each other, and change in one requires to revalidate all others)
(d) EL Validator - 3 sec

3) Restart Eclipse, open a source with an injection point, and invoke open-ons with Ctrl+mouse left button at @Inject. At the first time, progress information window appears "Build CDI Model" - for 5 sec for the mentioned random project.

Also, could you please estimate how many injection points and producers are in your project.
Has you project got many page files with EL?

Thank you.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]