[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss tools JSF development - extending VPE (for MBean property)

Kaushal Kumar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 02:57:37 EDT 2012

Kaushal Kumar [https://community.jboss.org/people/kaushal_jboss] created the discussion

"JBoss tools JSF development - extending VPE (for MBean property)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/766580#766580

Hi,
JBoss tools eclipse plugin for JSF development provides visual representation of UI and provides a mechanism to drag and drop JSF component (Core JSF and Richfaces) on Visual editor.
We are trying to get a similar feature where user should be able to drag and drop managed beans properties on Visual editor, which should create the corresponding JSF component (depending on the data type of the element) on visual page editor.
For e.g. if user drags an element (of data type String) and drops on the VPE then a pop up should come up where he selects the type of input component he wants and say ok. This eventually will add the code corresponding to JSF (along with databinding) on VPE.

We observed that "Web Projects" view (which is provided by JBoss) lists all the managed beans and user can drag and drop bean properties on Visual editor. When the user drops the element on VPE then value binding gets added to it.
Is there a way to add a hook between these (Web projects plugin and VPE plugin) to achieve our objective.

Or is there some other mechanism to achive this (may by extending any plugin etc.).

Regards,
Kaushal

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]