[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: PortableRemoteObject.narrow() returns null

Brian Lara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 22 11:39:41 EDT 2012

Brian Lara [https://community.jboss.org/people/bclara] created the discussion

"Re: PortableRemoteObject.narrow() returns null"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/771540#771540

Ok, I will send test case but I have 3 specific questions if you can answer:-

1) Do we need to setup some security policy or enable security on both client and EJB server JVM's when using RMI/IIOP EJB communciation ?
I read somewhere you have to setup java.policy and enable security when starting servers using command line.
Please note my EJB's are not secured and there is not a business requirement for same. Also note that I am using JBoss 5.1 GA for both client and EJB servers?
If security needs to be setup, can you please send me information on same.

2) Do we have to include some jars on client jvm's classpath specifically?
If so, which jars?

3) Does EJB client project needs to have some client descriptor file? Currently it only has EJB remote and home interfaces.

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]