[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Calling JBoss web service sometimes times out from a C# client

fatbob73 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 26 14:09:30 EDT 2012

fatbob73 [https://community.jboss.org/people/fatbob73] created the discussion

"Calling JBoss web service sometimes times out from a C# client"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/772601#772601

We have a C# desktop application (.NET 2.0) that calls a web service hosted on JBoss 4.3.0 (jax-ws), and every now and then the C# client gets the following error message...

"The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server."

On the server side, there are no errors in the JBoss log. I've been searching the web and some of the hits seem to point towards a KeepAliveTime setting. A lot of those search results indicate IIS (which I'm not using), but I'm assuming the same would apply to JBoss.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this issue and how I could fix it?

Thanks!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]