[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Remote debugging via SSH?

Johannes Koch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 30 12:53:57 EDT 2012

Johannes Koch [https://community.jboss.org/people/JoPe] created the discussion

"Re: Remote debugging via SSH?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/773052#773052

OK, I have SSH port forwarding set up with local and remote port being identical. It works nicely, so I didn't try out different ports yet. Thank you very much for this advice, this is just what I need.

I had a hard time finding the launch configuration that gets applied when the remote server gets started through JBoss Tools, so I'll post a screenshot just in case somebody else with the same issue stumbles upon this thread.
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-773052-19803/remotedebug.jpg  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-773052-19803/450-161/remotedebug.jpg

Thank you both for the quick and helpful replies! It's too bad I can mark only one answer as correct, since actually the combination of all three answers allowed me to accomplish what I needed.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]