[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: Replacement for sun-jms-adapter.rar?

RB Whitaker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 11 13:36:12 EDT 2012

RB Whitaker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rbwhitaker] created the discussion

"Re: Replacement for sun-jms-adapter.rar?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759070#759070

I considered this idea at one point, and backed out of it. It seemed like the Referenceable interface would require also adding code to manage references, which wasn't something I was interested in.

But upon taking a second look at it, I was looking at  http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/javax/naming/Referenceable.html javax.naming.Referenceable, not  http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/5/api/javax/resource/Referenceable.html javax.resource.Referenceable, which extends the first interface, and adds in the ability to set a reference as well. That would likely eliminate the need for me to manage my own references, and sounds like it might be an option. (But it +is+ obnoxious that there are two Referenceable interfaces, and that they are both in javax. I'm sure I'm not the first person to confuse the two.)

Anyway, I'll give that a try, and see what it does. Thanks, Yevgen, for the suggestion.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]