[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - JBossCache
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 20:28:40 EDT 2012
shonkylogic [https://community.jboss.org/people/shonkylogic] modified the document:
To view the document, visit: https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10242
> *NOTE:* If you use JBoss Cache, you really should consider migrating to Infinispan (https://www.jboss.org/infinispan), which supercedes JBoss Cache. It does all JBoss Cache does, and much, much more, is more robust, performs better, and has a far more active community.
h2. What is JBoss Cache
h5. JBoss Cache consists of two +editions+
* *core* - a replicated, distributed, transactional tree-structured cache
* *pojo* (formerly JBossCacheAop) - a layer on top of the core cache, providing you with an API-less feature set and giving you a more 'pojo' feel to your application with minimal intrusion.
h5. Upcoming editions
* *searchable* - this edition bolts on a search indexer to the cache, allowing you to query the cache using efficient Lucene queries. See the https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10286 JBoss Cache Searchable wiki page for more info.
The current stable release, recommended for general use, is *JBoss Cache 3.2.2.GA +"Malagueta"+*. Note that this is *not* binary-compatible with *JBoss Cache 1.x* and if you need that level of binary compatibility the recommended version is *JBoss Cache 1.4.1 +"Cayenne"+*. Naga *+is+* compatible with *JBoss Cache 2.x* though.
h2. Learning about JBoss Cache
A https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12843 tutorial and FAQ for both core and pojo editions are provided, along with the https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12843 formal user guide- which should be considered *+required+* reading, +*before*+ asking questions on the users' forum! :)
JBoss Cache can be used either inside JBoss, with a different application server, or as a standalone product.
Here is https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12843 official JBossCache main documentation page. This wiki page will serve for some additional materials.
+Want to help us translate JBoss Cache documentation to a language of your choice? See the https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10261 JBossCacheDocI18n page!+
Here is the page for some tips on https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10288 troubleshooting JBoss Cache.
h2. More information
* *Migrating from JBoss Cache 1.x.x to 2.x.x?* Then read https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10246 JBossCache200Migration
* *JBossCache on J2EE servers*:
* JBoss Cache 1.4.x is always available and runs transparently on JBoss AS 4.x.
* JBoss Cache 1.4.x has been tested on J2SE 1.4 and Java SE 5.0. While it +may+ work on Java SE 6, this hasn't been extensively tested.
* JBoss Cache 2.x is always available and runs transparently on the upcoming JBoss AS 5.x.
* JBoss Cache 2.x does not have support for J2SE 1.4 and +requires+ either Java SE 5.0 or Java SE 6, both of which are extensively tested with JBoss Cache 2.x.
* For information on running JBoss Cache 2.x under J2SE 1.4, see this wiki page: https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10263 JBossCacheHabaneroJava1.4
* https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10254 JBossCacheAsCompatibility - a HOWTO for running JBoss Cache 2.x under JBoss AS 4.x safely.
* https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10252 JBossCacheAndWebLogic - for a quick HOWTO on running JBoss Cache under BEA WebLogic 8.1, utilising a startup and shutdown class to initialize the cluster-wide caching service.
* https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10250 JBossCacheAndWAS For a quick overview on how to run JBossCache in WebSphere
* http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossCacheAndWAS_6.x JBossCacheAndWAS_6.x - for a quick HOWTO on running JBoss Cache under WebSphere 6.x series
* *Hibernate integration:* See https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10265 JBossCacheHibernate for information and tips on using JBossCache as a 2nd-level cache in http://www.hibernate.org Hibernate
* *Building JBossCache:* Check out the README files in the src distribution or SVN checkout.
* *MVCC:* With JBoss Cache 3 "+Naga+", we have deprecated *optimistic* and *pessimistic* locking in favour of *MVCC*. Read all about it http://jbosscache.blogspot.com/2008/07/mvcc-has-landed.html here.
* *Buddy Replication:* Have trouble replicating a lot of state to many machines in a cluster (whether using JBoss Cache, or other techs that use JBoss Cache such as http state replication)? Read https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10255 JBossCacheBuddyReplication and https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10256 JBossCacheBuddyReplicationDesign!
* *JDBC-based cache loader:* see https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10864 JDBCCacheLoader for information and tips on how to configure JDBCCacheLoader with various DBMS.
* *Accessing and Monitoring JBoss Cache using JMX*: https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10270 JBossCacheMBeans describes how to access JBoss Cache using its JMX MBeans. With JBoss Cache 1.3.0, this is also possible when running in a standalone (e.g., non-server) JDK 5.0 environment.
* *Clustering patterns library*: https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10294 The clustering patterns library contains configuration strategies for high availability using JBoss Cache.
* *Running JBoss Cache with the JGroups Multiplexer* : See https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10274 JBossCacheMultiplexer
* *Monitoring*: See https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-12832 Jopr - JBossCache plugin for monitoring JBoss Cache instances within JBoss AS.
* *Groovy*: Want to use JBoss Cache with Groovy and Grails? See this http://grails.org/JBossCache+Plugin plugin.
h2. Upgrading and Compatibility Information
h3. JBoss Cache developer's page
For *Subversion* information, tags and branches, and tips on developing and debugging JBoss Cache, see https://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-10259 JBossCacheDevelopment.
h3. JBoss Cache & JGroups version compatibility
See http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbosscache/compatibility/index.html http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbosscache/compatibility/index.html for details
h3. JBoss Cache & JDK Requirements
|| JBoss Cache Version || JDK Compatibility ||
| 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3 | J2SE 1.3, J2SE 1.4, JavaSE 5.0 |
| 1.2.4.X | J2SE 1.4, JavaSE 5.0 |
| >= 1.3.0 | Runs with J2SE 1.4 and JavaSE 5.0. Needs JavaSE 5.0 to build. |
| >= 2.0.0 | J2SE 5.0, J2SE 6 |
h1. Other editions
Aside from JBoss Cache - Core Edition, we also ship:
* https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-11611 JBoss Cache - POJO Edition
* https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10286 JBoss Cache - Searchable Edition
Comment by going to Community
Create a new document in JBoss Cache at Community
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the jboss-user