[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Embedded vs. Reusable Subprocesses

tmag do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 15:29:31 EDT 2012

tmag [https://community.jboss.org/people/tmag] created the discussion

"Embedded vs. Reusable Subprocesses"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/761487#761487

As I understand -

An “Embedded SubProcess” is a subprocess within a Process – and cannot be reused outside.
Also an Embedded Subprocess has access to all the process variables where its defined & we also can add some additional variables to be accessible within that Embedded Subprocess container.

Whereas, a "Reusable Subprocess" is an independent Process which cannot directly access the parent process variables.  We need to map the in & out values through Subprocess properties whenever we want to use it.

Am I right ? Any other differences between these two?