[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Pattern of using StatefulKnowledgeSession in web application

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 27 13:51:02 EDT 2012

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Pattern of using StatefulKnowledgeSession in web application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/762014#762014

> wqe wqe wrote:
> Does it mean that there are no difference if the process does not involve any timer event or rules evaluation event ?
we can say so, in terms of working with process instances - meaning if session 1 started a process session 2 can complete it. It does not have to be same session if you don't use its state (facts, timers). But if you do, then same session should be used to ensure the right context for execution.

> wqe wqe wrote:
>
> In other words , can I say that if the process contains  timer event or rules evaluation event , then the StatefulKnowledgeSession cannot be application (single session) scoped?
That depends on your process definitions, if they can coexists even thou there are shared state they you could do it. That would also depend on your rules definitions.

HTH