[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Can't get Twitter service task to work when deployed via Guvnor

Andy McC do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 11 15:55:53 EDT 2013

Andy McC [https://community.jboss.org/people/andymcc] created the discussion

"Can't get Twitter service task to work when deployed via Guvnor"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/807854#807854

[My set up: Windows 7 and 8, jBPM-5.4.0.Final, Eclipse Helios]

This is probably another newbie issue, but I have a simple Twitter process that runs in Eclipse that I just can't get to run via Guvnor. (HTTP Status 500 window and the message "Could not find work item handler for Twitter")

>From the working Eclipse version I've:

1. Copied over my BPMN task, jbmp-twitter.jar and twitter4j-core-2.2.2.jar using the Eclipse->Guvnor tooling.
2. In Gunvor, and using the "connect to service repository" utility in Designer, I've downloaded the Twitter service task from  http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/repository/ http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/repository/ (There's an issue with the stencil set not updating properly in Designer or Eclipse which I'm going to put on Jira, but all the "bits" seem to have been added to defaultPackage OK)
3. I've then updated the twitter.properties file with the data for my account
4. Added the content of twitter.wid to WorkDefinitions.conf (This may be something I'm doing wrong)
5. Generated png and default task forms, everything is green-ticked in Guvnor and the package validates and builds OK.
6. I've then copied jbmp-twitter.jar, twitter4j-core-2.2.2.jar and twitter.properties into jbpm-installer/dependencies and run ant install.demo (I've also tried copying directly into jbpm-gwt-console-server.war/WEB-INF/lib but making no difference)

I can start the process from jbpm-console but it fails with an HTTP Status 500 window and the message "Could not find work item handler for Twitter".

Can anyone see what step I've missed along the way? Do the jars need to be copied somewhere else in addition to the steps above?

Really grateful for any help - it took me while to get the Email task working in both Eclipse and Guvnor and I finally thought I'd sorted out the steps in my mind.

Regards and thanks,

Andy McC