[jboss-user] [EJB3] - EJB and a remote Client ( on another machine ) , using JNDI

Ing do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 14 08:06:42 EDT 2013

Ing [https://community.jboss.org/people/inkimannen] created the discussion

"EJB and a remote Client ( on another machine ) , using JNDI"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/808175#808175

Hi !

Wanting to create an Application project: A EJB-Module and a WEB-module.
I want to depoy these on two different machine ( running Ubuntu on one, running Mint on the other).
So it is about a remote client connection to a EJB-server.
Running on Jboss6 ( Since it integrates with Netbeans 7.3 )

web: Deploying a servlet in server-1.
ejb: Deploying an ejb in server-2.

I would like the coupling to be louse.

The EJB-project has 2-classes: CapitalBean and CapitalBeanRemote.

@Stateless
public class CapitalBean implements CapitalBeanRemote {

The Web-project has 1 servlet.
CapitalBeanRemote bean = (CapitalBeanRemote) ic.lookup("java:global/CountryEnterpriseEJB/CapitalBean");

-
How can I see that the JNDI is correct on the EJB-Server ?
Where is the JNDI-setup in JBoss ?
Can anyone point me to a good tutorial.

Regards, Ingimar

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]