[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Advice on how to set up a network deployment

Andy McC do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 18 06:38:12 EDT 2013

Andy McC [https://community.jboss.org/people/andymcc] created the discussion

"Advice on how to set up a network deployment"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/809028#809028

I would like to configure 5.4.0.Final so that I can host JBoss, Guvnor etc on one system (in this case an ordinary Windows 7 PC) and run user consoles on several other systems (mixture of Windows PCs, laptops, BlackBerry PlayBook) over a LAN/WAN.

I will be working primarily from these resources
* A fairly recent community Article  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-48369 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/NetworkConfigurationJBPM54withBugFixes
* User Manual Section 11.5  http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/userguide/ch.designer.html#d0e4384 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/userguide/ch.designer.html#d0e4384

Can I please ask for the following advice:
* Are these two resources sufficient for what I want to do?
* Can I simply set the host to 0.0.0.0 in all cases (as implied by the first reference) or do I need to be more specific?
* Is this Article still relevant?  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-21179 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBPM-530FinalManualDeploymentGuideForBeginner
* Within designer my WorkDefinitions files (*.wid etc) contain hardcoded references to localhost and 8080. Do I need to go through and edit these by hand or will they be updated to reflect any changes I make?
* Have I missed any other articles that might be useful?
* Is there an easier way to do all of this?  :)

Very grateful for any advice the community can offer! In return, if I can get it all to work I'll write it up in a new Article.

Thanks

Andy McC

jBPM 5.4.0.Final, Eclipse Helios (i.e. the default newbie set up), Windows 7 and 8