[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Can not debug OSGI Bundles deployed in JBoss EAP 6.1 with JBossTools 4.0.1/ JBoss Developer Studio 6&7

Thomas Wiesner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 26 03:42:33 EDT 2013

Thomas Wiesner [https://community.jboss.org/people/Arakasi69] created the discussion

"Re: Can not debug OSGI Bundles deployed in JBoss EAP 6.1 with JBossTools 4.0.1/ JBoss Developer Studio 6&7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810468#810468

For all which are interested in a workaround for this issue.

In my case starting the jboss in debug mode works if i start the jboss with empty deployments and hot delpoy my artifacts one after the other.

After this experience, i decided to write a little wrapper class, which wraps the start of jboss with

h5. org.jboss.modules.Main

Before the start i clean subdirectories data and tmp of jboss, and move all artifacts from deployments to a temporay directory. After the start and waiting a few seconds, i move the artifacts from the temporary folder back to the deployments directory in the required order.

The wrapper class must be copied in the jboss-modules.jar, because changing the classpath of the launch configuration didn't work too. In the launch configuration in the main tab now change the class to your wrapper class.

Hope, this helps to analyze the issue.

Kind regards

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]