[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to know who has started a process?

Andy McC do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 30 10:37:40 EDT 2013

Andy McC [https://community.jboss.org/people/andymcc] created the discussion

"How to know who has started a process?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810965#810965

What do I need to add to my process definition to access the Id of the user who has started the process?

For example, if I'm logged in to jbm-console as "John" and start a new process, what mechanism do I have to find out that it was "John" who started the process. (The available examples seem to rely on the task form associated with the start event)

There's quite an old post ( https://community.jboss.org/thread/116323 How to know who has started a process ?), suggesting that I need to add a swimlane to the Start task (I assume this means the Start Event), but as this option isn't available via the designer, do I need to hand-edit some additional xml into the Start Event definition?

Is there a better/official way?

Thanks,

Andy McC