[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Can we use JBPM Simulation Programmatically? And Can we do simulation based on current data?

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 2 01:24:46 EDT 2013

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Can we use JBPM Simulation Programmatically? And Can we do simulation based on current data?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831072#831072

Simulation can be used programmatically as it is designed as layer on top of actual runtime engine. You can find some details about the implementation  http://mswiderski.blogspot.se/2012/08/simulation-in-jbpm-draft.html here.

When it comes to simulating based on actual data it is not supported out of the box but should be quite possible to do so. The only thing is that simulation is usually executed with number of instances where what you described is more like prediction where the process will go next - meaning single instance. So you're probably more interested in path finder component of simulation to show possible paths and then select the most probable one based on the data.

HTH