[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Confusion between RuntimeManager and new Kie API in jBPM 6

Serge Huber do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 6 05:50:04 EDT 2013

Serge Huber [https://community.jboss.org/people/bhillou] created the discussion

"Re: Confusion between RuntimeManager and new Kie API in jBPM 6"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831559#831559

Hello Maciej,

Thanks a lot for your answer, it helps clarify things a bit. Now I have a few more questions. You talk about setting up a module that aggregates all dependencies, but as I'm dealing with OSGi modules, I cannot know in advance which modules will be deployed or not. Isn't there a way to do this dynamically ?

Also, if I understand you correctly, once I have the KieContainer with all the dependencies, I should use that to initialize the RuntimeManager ? Do I use the RuntimeEnvironmentBuilder to do that ? Any example you could provide would be really great.

I must say that I'm integrating both the BPM and the Rules part, and my OSGi modules contain both. I'm actually in the process of upgrading from jBPM 4.4 all this codebase so I'm struggling a bit in making sure I'm using the new APIs correctly, as I want to avoid using stuff that might get deprecated (as it seems that some of the jBPM 5 code will be).

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.