[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - mem leak in TransactionSynchronizer on afterCompletion() phase

Andrey Smirnov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 7 05:08:31 EDT 2013

Andrey Smirnov [https://community.jboss.org/people/cheezzario] created the discussion

"mem leak in TransactionSynchronizer on afterCompletion() phase"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831728#831728

Hello.

Let me introduce the problem
App server ( jboss-as-7.1.1.Final ) which is a part of complex distributed app using CORBA for communication fails with OutOfMemoryError

I've investigated the problem and seems like root cause is inability  to clean up txSynchs ( and locks ) maps resided in org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.transaction.TransactionSynchronizer class.
More detailed:

Collections mentioned above should be cleaned up in afterCompletion() method but TX is unavailable at that stage, so Transaction.hashCode() returns -1 which leads to dangled TX associations.
Right now I don't understand why javax.transaction.Transaction is used as a key in this maps? For me it seems like this code wil always fail.

I've attached modified source code of  TransactionSynchronizer which I used during investigation and partial app log with records specific to one TX.

Regards, Andrey.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]